The Gay and Lesbian Coalition of Kenya (GALCK), is the national body of LGBTI organizations that work for the human rights of Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender and Intersex (LGBTI) individuals in the country. As a membership body, GALCK envisions a safe and enabling environment for LGBTI individuals and organizations.
We are currently seeking to employ a person to fill the position of Programs Coordinator.
Scope of Duties
1. Develop funding proposals consistent with the GALCK’s mission and program initiatives.
2. Act as a catalyst for new projects, ideas and approaches in consultation with GALCK’s Member organizations and General Manager.
3. Offer technical expertise to staff and member groups in the area of institutional strengthening and programming.
4. Work with GALCK’s Member groups to develop and implement program plans.
5. Work with the General Manager to create networks and allies interested in partnering with the coalition.
6. Assist the General Manager in the day-to-day running of the GALCK’s center, volunteer supervision and development.
7. Any other duties assigned by the General Manager and the Steering Committee.
1. Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, preferably sociology and development studies from a recognized institution and a post graduate diploma in project management as an added advantage.
2. Experience in creating and fostering donor and multiple stakeholder relations
3. Work experience in a management, programming and resource mobilization skills
4. Sound knowledge of the issues facing LGBTI in Kenya
5. Vast experience working with LGBTI organizations and individuals
6. Good interpersonal, planning and organizational skills
7. Creative and independent thinker
8. Ability to work independently as well as in teams and meet deadlines
9. Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
10. Competency in computer literacy
11. Fluency in both written and spoken English and Swahili Knowledge of other local
A self driven individual with a professional work attitude who can work with minimal supervision while coping with the challenges and heavy workload of this demanding yet rewarding role is best suited for this position.
The Programs Coordinator is answerable to the General Manager. Priority will be given to Kenyan Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender and Intersex individuals. All interested parties are encouraged to apply.