SHORT TERM EMPLOYMENT - ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT
The Gay and Lesbian Coalition of Kenya – GALCK, an LGBTI Rights and Welfare organization is looking to recruit a highly qualified and motivated person to fill the position of an Accounts Assistant.
Working closely with the transitioning team, the bearer of this position will assist in administer the financial systems to ensure the finance policies are implemented properly. This short-term position is for the period November – December 2012.
The main aim of this position is to administer the financial system in order to ensure that the GALCK finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner.
-Assist with preparation of budgets for activities and projects
- Follow through with procurement and purchase of all supplies within budgets
-Implement financial policies and procedures under the guidance of the finance officer and general manager.
-Perform daily and weekly petty cash reconciliations
- Prepare and reconcile general bank statements
- Establish and maintain supplier accounts
- Ensure financial data is entered into QuickBooks
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system
- Assist in preparation of balance sheets
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial reports
- Assist with the internal audits
- Maintain clean, clear and updated financial files and record
- Provide financial statements for management decisions upon request
- Perform any other duty that may be delegated by management
Knowledge, skills and attitudes required
1. Diploma in Business Administration, finance and minimum of CPA II
2. An understanding of and preferable work experience with non-profit, donor-funded organizations.
3. Knowledge of and competence in computerized accounting programs, particularly Quick-books.
4. Effective written and oral communication skills
6. Flexibility in schedule and accessibility outside of work hours to address questions or concerns
6. Proven ability to communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment
A young, diligent, trustworthy, self driven individual with professional work ethics who can work with
Minimal supervision while coping with the challenges and heavy workload of this demanding role is best suited for this position.
GALCK is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer.
Applications accompanied by copies of