2017 – 2018 Call for Proposals
The High Commission of Canada in Kenya is launching a call for proposals for the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI) for the 2017-2018 funding cycle.
Please note that requests for core administrative funding and infrastructure projects will not be considered.
The average contribution is expected to be in the range of CAD $15,000-$20,000 for each individual project. Larger projects may be considered on an exceptional basis. The average duration of a CFLI project is six (6) consecutive months, with all project activities to be completed by February 28, 2018. However, longer projects may be considered on a case by case basis.
The submitted CFLI proposals must address identified needs of local communities in one of the following countries: Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia and Uganda and fall within one or more of the 2016-2017 CFLI priorities listed below.
The Government of Canada is strongly committed to supporting gender equality and empowerment of women and girls; thus, these considerations should be taken into account under each priority.
- Empowering women and girls and promoting gender equality;
- Championing human rights, inclusive and accountable governance;
- Supporting inclusive and green economic growth.
What is the process of submitting a proposal?
Complete the project application and budget forms with necessary details about project activities and spending. Note that only complete applications will be considered.
- To request the application forms, please send an email to the appropriate country contact from the list below.
- All applications must be submitted by end of day on Friday, July 7, 2017, to the appropriate country contact from the list below. Applications received after the deadlines will not be considered.
- Regional/multi country proposals will be considered.
All the Best!