Manager, Programs and Innovation, East Africa (Kenya or Uganda)
If you are a self-motivated person, having more than seven years of work experience, willing to work
independently and with others in growing/strengthening our work in East Africa, willing to push
boundaries and do cutting edge work, willing to represent the organisation and travel, we have a job
Position: Manager – Programs and Innovations (East Africa)
Location: Kenya or Uganda
Reporting to: Senior Director, Programs & Innovations
• Develop ideas and plans to deepen the impact of CREA’s programs, using one or more of the four strategies in the geography.
• Enrich and enhance themes with knowledge and nuance of local politics and language.
• Identify cross cutting and intersectional aspects from within geography.
Program Development and Implementation
• Lead development, implementation, and supervision of high-quality programs in East Africa.
• Strengthen and grow the on-going work in Kenya and Uganda.
• Explore and grow the work in Rwanda.
• Ensure program documentation, management and reporting is of the highest quality.
• Manage and co-implement the Feminist Leadership, Movement Building and Rights
Institute (East Africa). This includes working closely with core faculty and other staff at CREA.
• Develop annual work plans and budgets.
• Strengthen and grow existing partnerships, including that with Embassies.
• Build relationships with civil society, government officials and policy makers and other
external stakeholders, as necessary, within concerned geographical area.
• Identify advocacy opportunities for CREA’s work in the region.
• Implement advocacy plans.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
• Analyze the data and identify successes and gaps.
• Oversee design and implementation of necessary improvements based on data and learning.
• Ensure program progress and learnings are consistently documented.
• Represent CREA and its work to relevant audiences as required.
• Assist in proposals development processes.
• Ensure good quality and on-time donor reporting vis-à-vis programs.
• Contribute significantly to annual reports and organizational work plans.
• Contribute to CREA’s Strategic Planning process.
CREA promotes pluralism and equal opportunity and is committed to diversity in its staffing and to the maintenance of an environment free of discriminatory employment practices. CREA’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals. No individual shall be discriminated against because of his or her actual or perceived age, caste, class, disability, marital status, religion, or sexual orientation. Compensation will be based on experience and internal equity. A generous benefits package is included.
Interested candidates who meet the required educational and experience requirements should send their CV along with a cover letter, current and expected salary to email@example.com by 20 March 2021. Please include in the subject line the name of the position you are applying for. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Thank you for your interest in CREA
Founded in 2000, CREA is a feminist human rights organisation based in New Delhi, India. It is one of the few international women’s rights organisations based in the global South, led by Southern feminists, which works at the grassroots, national, regional, and international levels. Together with partners from a diverse range of human rights movements and networks, CREA works to advance the rights of women and girls and the sexual and reproductive freedoms of all people. CREA advocates for positive social change through national and international fora, and provides training and learning opportunities to global activists and leaders through its Institutes.