GUMZO Youth group is registered formed in 2017 with the department of social works. We based in Kimilili, Bungoma County, operating between Bungoma and Trans- Nzoia counties, composed entirely of members of the SOGIE community which is a minority. We aim to help our members and generally members of the SOGIE community to access vital health care. We also seek to empower ourselves financially through income generating projects. It is also our intension to access legal help for our members and provide safe house facilities since this is a community that is constantly under threat and in danger of stigmatization.
GUMZO hopes to push for a healthy and safer society where SOGIE persons’ human rights are dignified and appreciated.
To improve and up-Grade the lives of the SOGIE persons through community advocacy in areas of health advocacy, economy and education
1. HEALTH; To support SOGIE persons to claim, access, enjoy and defend their rights by promoting; positive health seeking behavior, positive mental health, access to Reproductive Health services, access to HIV/STIs prevention measures and management and, provision of prevention commodities
2. SECURITY :To support SOGIE persons to claim and defend their rights to a life free of Gender Based Violence (GBV) and other aspects on insecurity in public spheres based on their sexual orientation
3. ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT ;To establish opportunities for members to realize and exploit their economic opportunities and acquire practical and theoretical skills to support their livelihoods
4. ADVOCACY; To document and build evidence on the power and rights struggles as experienced by different sexual orientations and gender identities in order inform and guide policy discussions at organizations and policy level
WATWATI Hagin - Programs Coordinator
WERE Winnie - Programs Officer
WAFULA Derrick - Advocacy Officer
MURUNGA Charity - Communications Officer
SHIVERENJE Ignatius - Finance Officer
Funders - Members, well-wishers
TINADA YOUTH GROUP
MOH TRAN-ZOIA COUNTY
MOH – BUNGOMA COUNTY
GUMZO is commited to;
1. Working with efficiency and long term sustainability
2. Values in principle of social inclusivity and justice to the SOGIE
Belief in the power of empowerment to its members in the rural settlements.
*board of management
Office: +254 748 0570
Facebook: Gumzo Youth Group