The HAPA KENYA with funding from Global Fund (GF) through Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS) implements the key population HIV prevention program among MSMs in Mombasa County – Coast region of Kenya.
Working closely with other key program staff with direct supervision from the program director HAPA KENYA, the key objective of the clinical officer is to ensure provision of quality clinical services to include comprehensive biomedical, behavioral and structural interventions to Key Populations.
Project Implementation, Monitoring & Reporting
- Manage the day – to – day running of the Key Population (MSM) Clinic as per the standards provided by NASCOP.
- Screen for and address reproductive health needs of key population clients both at the static and outreach service delivery points.
- Conduct routine physical examination to the key population clients and provide treatment as necessary.
- Establish and document an effective referral directory/ SOP to meet the needs of the key population clients.
- Ensure availability and adherence to the National Key Population NASCOP guidelines, tools, the Quality Management Framework and any other necessary service delivery guidelines/tools.
- Establish and chair the continuous quality improvement (CQI) committee at the DIC.
- With support of the other members of the team, Support the maintenance of quality clinic data and adequate commodities consumption records, calculate consumption and make requisitions on time to avoid stock outs.
- In liaison with the M&E team, ensure monthly key populations data is captured, collected, verified, collated, analyzed and interpreted, and analytical quantitative and qualitative program performance reports generated including Lessons learnt, Challenges, success stories and Best Practices.
- With support from the rest of the team, ensure integration by participating in County/ Sub County stake holder forums, timely submission of MOH reports and commodity requisitions.
- Represent HAPA Kenya in stakeholder/community forums.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Quality Control & Improvement
- Ensure adherence to the National Key Populations guidelines; bio – medical services and the Quality Management Framework for HTC in Kenya (NASCOP, 2010) as well as that of the National Guidelines on the implementation of RESPECT-K interventions.
Supervision & Leadership
- Support the program director in identifying staffing, programmatic and technical capacity gaps that impact on program implementation.
- Technically supervise and monitor performance of Key populations clinical staff.
Integration, Networking & Coordination
- With support from the program director, identify and utilize networking and linkages opportunities which are beneficial to the community, HAPA Kenya and its programs.
- Diploma / BSc Degree in clinical medicine
- Qualified HTC Counsellor.- Certified by NASCOP
- Trained in RESPECT – K and other KP related Evidence Based Intervention (EBIs).
- Has undergone trainings in Key Populations programming
- Trained in Reproductive Health, Behaviour Change Communication (BCC) and / or other HIV related Trainings e.g. Peer Education, Peer Counselling or HIV&AIDS Management
- Ms Office suite proficiency.
Required Experience & Competencies:
- A minimum of three years working experience in key populations Programming and provision of Reproductive health services to the MSM community.
- Demonstrated experience in project activities planning, implementation, Monitoring and Report writing.
- Training in syndromic management of STI’s and Opportunistic Infections is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in working with community based HIV Prevention Projects.
- Excellent communication, rapport building and listening skills.
- Ability to create good rapport with the vulnerable and stigmatized men in a non-judgmental manner.
- Willingness to work in a challenging environment including community outreaches.
- Team player.
How to apply :
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Officer,firstname.lastname@example.org.Applications without this information will not be considered.DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point.
Applications should reach us not later than 18th July, 2019.
HAPA Kenya provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition, HAPA Kenya complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.