The HAPA KENYA with funding from Global Fund (GF) through Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS) implements the key population HIV prevention program among MSMs in Mombasa County – Coast region of Kenya.
The nursing officer will provide comprehensive clinical services to key population clients at the DIC and at the outreaches. This is to reflect combination prevention that entails biomedical, behavioral and structural services in line with the national guidelines. With support from the rest of the team, s/he is to ensure availability and proper use of service delivery equipment.
This position reports to the head of programs and will be based in Mombasa DIC.
Project Implementation, Monitoring & Reporting
- Work with the Clinical Officer, HTS provider, Field Officer, Peer Educators, Outreach workers and other support staff to realize attainment of comprehensive care package for KPs.
- Conduct proper commodity management for pharmaceutical and non- pharmaceutical supplies.
- Prepare regular/ periodic clients and commodity reports, submit to the relevant authorities as required.
- Screen for and address reproductive health needs of key population clients both at the static and outreach service delivery points.
- Conduct routine physical examination to the key population clients and provide necessary treatment.
- In liaison with the M&E team, ensure monthly key populations data is captured, collected, verified, collated, analyzed and interpreted, and analytical quantitative and qualitative program performance reports generated including Lessons learnt, Challenges, success stories and Best Practices.
- Provides HTS services at the DIC and during serviced delivery outreaches.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Quality Control & Improvement
- Ensure adherence to the National Key Populations guidelines; bio – medical services and the Quality Management Framework for HTC in Kenya (NASCOP, 2010) as well as that of the National Guidelines on the implementation of KP interventions.
- Ensure availability and adherence to infection prevention guidelines and equipment.
- Participate in the continuous quality improvement (CQI) committee at the DIC.
- Ensures adherence to donor regulations and efficiency in service delivery.
Supervision & Leadership
- Support the organization in identifying staffing, programmatic and technical capacity gaps that impact on program implementation.
Integration, Networking & Coordination
- Ensure integration by participating in County/ Sub County stake holder forums, timely submission of MOH reports and commodity requisitions.
- Represent HAPA Kenya in stakeholder/community forums.
- BSc Degree/ Diploma in Nursing with valid practice license from Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Qualified HTC Counsellor. – Certified by NASCOP
- Trained in RESPECT – K or any other KP related Evidence Based Intervention (EBIs).
- Has undergone trainings in Key Populations programming.
- Trained in Reproductive Health, Behaviour Change Communication (BCC) and / or other HIV related Trainings e.g. HIV&AIDS Management
- Ms Office suite proficiency.
Required Experience & Competencies:
- A minimum of three years working experience in key populations Programming and provision of Reproductive health services to the MSM community.
- Demonstrated experience in project activities planning, implementation, Monitoring and Report writing.
- Training in syndromic management of STI’s and Opportunistic Infections is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in working with community based HIV Prevention Projects.
- Excellent communication, rapport building and listening skills.
- Ability to create good rapport with the vulnerable and stigmatized men in a non-judgmental manner.
- Willingness to work in a challenging environment including community outreaches.
- Team player.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Officer, email@example.com. Applications without this information will not be considered. DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point.
Applications should reach us not later than 16th September, 2019.
HAPA Kenya provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition, HAPA Kenya complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.