Ishtar-MSM exclusively runs the Ishtar Wellness Centre which provides the following services mainly targeting men who have sex with other men (MSM) and Gay men in in Nairobi county:
- HIV counseling and testing
- STI screening and Treatment
- Referrals to MSM friendly Care Centers
- ART and Psychosocial support
- Distribution of Lubricants and Condoms to MSM
- Safe sex workshops
- Open Forum discussions
- Peer Education and Counseling
- Behavioral and structural interventions
We are looking for 4 peer educators to engage young MSM(18-24yrs), Bi-men, Male sex workers, Gay men and MSM + in Nairobi and its environs to access the services above at the Wellness Centre. If you are a young MSM, Bi-man, Male sex worker, Gay man, MSM + and live in Nairobi county or its environs and you are;
- Kenyan and Dynamic
- Have basic knowledge of HIV
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Articulate and confident in presentation & lobbying.
- Able to work as part of a team
- Have a strong network e.g. Facebook/Twitter/Blogging/MSM social groups
- Willing and able to commit
- Not a peer educator in any program with the same service delivery as Ishtar
We invite applications from individuals who want to volunteer in mobilising, giving health talks/education and activists with a passion to work with the community.
Attach a motivation letter and send it ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 13th September, 2019. Short-listed applicants will be contacted.
NB: This is a part-time voluntary position with a minimum monthly allowance to facilitate mobilization.