Ishtar MSM is a community based organization that advances sexual health of men that have sex with men through Service Delivery, Capacity development, Advocacy and research in Kenya. Ishtar-MSM is a member group of The Gay & Lesbian Coalition of Kenya (GALCK).
Ishtar MSM is looking for a dynamic, result-oriented individual to take up the position of Account Assistant
To provide support to the finance division in managing cheque, petty cash payments, requisitions and data entry and to provide updated cash flow reports in a timely manner and will be reporting directly to Finance Manager and the Director.
- Enter finance data accurately and timely
- Ensure sequential filing of accounting documents
- Archive all the accounting records in a retrievable system
- Preparation of staff imprest reports
- Ensure all income and funds received in the office are receipted & banked in a timely manner
- Prepare payment vouchers and write cheques whilst ensuring payments are well supported with appropriate allocation to various projects
- Ensure prompt vendor invoice settlement
- Preparing supplier reconciliations, creditors status reports and cash flow position reports
- Manage the petty cash payments and ensure timely replenishment
- Provide support during donor and organisational audits
- Managing division’s stationery
- Accountancy qualification CPA part 2 or ACCA. A Bachelor’s degree in a business related preferably accounting or finance will be an added advantage.
- Competence in Microsoft word processing, mainly Excel and word.
- Good working knowledge of computer package. Knowledge of an accounting software will be an added advantage
- High integrity, hardworking, attentive to details and willing to go the extra-mile to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player
Terms and Conditions:
Ishtar MSM will offer competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience and ability. Ishtar MSM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on any basis including ethnicity, physical ability, age, gender identity and sexual orientation.
To apply for the position, please submit the following documents:
- A one-page cover letter describing why you are interested in the position and why you are the ideal candidate for this position
- Your CV
- Day time telephone number
Send your application documents via email to email@example.com with Account Assistant as the subject line. The Short-listed applicants will be contacted. Conversing with Ishtar Staff will lead to immediate disqualification.
Application Deadline is COB 29th May 2019