Call for Community Outreach Workers
Ishtar-MSM exclusively runs the Ishtar Wellness Centre which provides the following services mainly targeting men who have sex with other men (MSM) and Gay men in Nairobi:
- HIV counseling and testing
- STI screening and Treatment
- Referrals to MSM friendly Care Centers
- Distribution of Lubricants and Condoms to MSM
- Safe sex workshops
- Open Forum discussions
- Peer Education and Counseling
- ART and Psychosocial support
- Behavioral and structural interventions
- Care and Treatment
We are looking for 2 Community Outreach workers to assist in engaging young MSM (18 and above), Bi-men, Male sex workers, Gay men and MSM + in Nairobi and its environs to access the services above at the Wellness Centre.
- Supervise and connect with peer educators in enrolling and maintaining the MSM cohort in the program
- Perform community outreaches in areas and locations where MSM’s congregate.
- Co-facilitate curriculum-based and open support group discussions on various health-related topics for MSM’s
- Provide presentations to the target community on various health-related, rights and MSM topics
- Perform administrative duties including data entry
- In charge of Distribution of condoms and lubricants and provide safe sex information
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- High School certificate / Diploma
- Experience in facilitating MSMs on HIV Prevention, Care and treatment
- Experience in working with adolescents and LGBTQ community
- Strong presentation and writing skills
- Has intermediate level HIV/AIDS and STI/STD knowledge
- Sensitive to cultural, ethnic and gender orientation differences
- Ability to read and write English proficiently
- Experience in HIV testing and counseling, data entry will be an added advantage
- Basic computer and data management skills
- Must possess great social and interpersonal skills
NB: This is a full time position. Conversing with Ishtar Staff will lead to immediate disqualification.
Call For Peer Educators
We are also looking for 18 peer educators to engage young MSM(18-24yrs), Bi-men, Male sex workers, Gay men and MSM + in Nairobi and its environs to access the services above at the Wellness Centre. If you are a young MSM, Bi-man, Male sex worker, Gay man, MSM + and live in Nairobi county or its environs and you are;
- Kenyan and Dynamic
- Have basic knowledge of HIV
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Articulate and confident in presentation & lobbying.
- Able to work as part of a team
- Have a strong network e.g. Facebook/Twitter/Blogging/MSM social groups
- Willing and able to commit
- Not a peer educator in any program with the same service delivery as Ishtar
We invite applications from individuals who want to volunteer in mobilizing, giving health talks/education and activists with a passion to work within the community.
Attach a motivation letter and send it ONLY to email@example.com the 20th May, 2018. Short-listed applicants will be contacted.
NB: This is a part-time voluntary position with a minimum monthly allowance to facilitate mobilisation.