Job Title: Program Officer Monitoring and Evaluation
Reporting to: National Cordinator
Terms: 1-year Contract with possible renewal of the same period.
The Key Population (KP) Consortium was conceptualized during two satellite meetings held in December 2014, by organizations and community representatives working with and around issues of Key Populations HIV programming namely Female and Male Sex workers (SW); People who Inject Drugs (PWIDs); and Men who have Sex with Men (MSM). The meeting charted a way forward for the manner in which KPs would engage the Global Fund (GF) as stakeholders in its (then) new funding model, and as beneficiary populations/implementing organizations. It was resolved that this would be done through the adoption of best practices from existing KP Consortium models to the Kenyan context.
Summary of the Position
This position deals with proposal writing, monitoring and evaluation, lobbying with regional and international partners for opening and expanding policy spaces for inclusion. The primary purpose of this position is to ensure that the needs of the key populations are captured by key policy frameworks both at national, regional and international level.
Duties and responsibilities
- Must have an undergraduate degree in social science.
- Must have an in depth understanding of Key Population Consortium priority needs.
- Must have an in depth understanding of Key populations
- Must have the ability to interact constructively with the government and other duty bearers to ensure policy acceptance and adjustments.
- Knowledge and experience working with the African human rights mechanisms and systems as well as with the UN human rights structures will be an added advantage.
- Should have an experience working with in an NGO
- Should have access to research information and the capacity to utilize it to inform policy-making at the different levels.
All applications must be sent electronically to the email address by 4th June 2018
email@example.com the email should include the following:
- A cover letter detailing current work, experience, qualifications and expected salary.
- An updated CV.
- Names and contacts of at least 3 professional referees
- Copies of academic certificates.
ONLY SHORLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED!
Best of luck!