Making a Feminist Internet: Movement Building in a Digital Age
3 – 6 October 2017
Port Dickson, Malaysia
Application deadline: 8 September 2017
The Association for Progressive Communications is collaborating with Mamacash, CREA, FRIDA, Urgent Action Fund, Astraea and AWID to organise a 4-day convening to bring together actors who are differently located within movement building work to reflect, question, imagine and create by asking ourselves and each other:
- How is movement building in a digital age expressed in different locations?
- What are the connective junctures of shared concerns, needs and learnings?
- What must we pay attention to as backlash and attacks occur in the different spaces we occupy?
- How do we strengthen safety and agency in the face of online gender-based violence, censorship and surveillance?
- How do we engage with the internet through a politics and practice of feminism?
- How can we imagine and make a feminist internet one that is supportive of the resilient and strong movements, and that is both a site of, and a space for our activisms?
We are inviting the participation of activists and actors who are differently located in the social justice landscape to bring valuable perspectives, knowledge and experiences to:
- Deepen the understanding of how the digital landscape has affected feminist, women’s rights, sexual rights and intersectional movement building work;
- Strengthen the capacity of feminist, women’s rights, sexual rights and digital security activists to respond to emerging challenges and threats;
- Engage in the creation of collaborative ideas and strategizing between different actors on how to make a feminist internet and a feminist world that can contribute towards building strong and resilient movements.
To apply, see attached the Call for Participants or click here.
Join us in unboxing and re-imagining movement building in the digital age, and to make a feminist internet that is threaded through our collective work for change.