MPEG works in partnership with the Ministry of Health to support the implementation of high-quality comprehensive HIV Prevention, Care and treatment programs in Kenya for Key populations
The Clinical Officer is responsible for providing client-centred HIV prevention and treatment services in line with national guidelines, client satisfaction and good clinical outcomes.
- Provide full package of preventive services including PrEP for HIV-negative clients
- Provide full package of care and treatment for HIV-positive clients
- Follow up on PLHIV
- Tracking and documentation of VL
- Provide information, education and communication to clients and their partner
- Ensure integration of HIV services in OPD, MCH, inpatient and other outpatient clinics
- Participate in weekly multidisciplinary team meetings to discuss complicated cases.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement initiatives to improve service delivery and patient-level outcomes
- Assist training of health providers in key population-friendly services
- Participation and contribution to the capacity building of clinical and other staff through mentorship, sensitization and updates
- Ensure complete documentation in various HIV care related tools as recommended
- Provide regular feedback to care staff/ facility management on work-related concerns
- Conduct any other duty as may be prescribed by the supervisor
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine & Surgery
- Certificate in adherence and treatment
- Current licence as registered Clinical Officer
- At least 5 years’ work experience in HIV care
- Experience working in key population programming
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Successful candidates will be supervised by their respective hospital/facility health management team (HMT) from the Ministry of Health in conjunction with the CHS Program team.
Interested applicants should send current CV not exceeding 2 pages with contacts of 3 referees by 18 January 2020 to email@example.com.