Minority Women in Action is looking to hire a part-time (15 Hours weekly) accounts person to join a team of volunteers in its steering committee.
Minority Women in Action is a community based organising that focuses its efforts on visibility, empowerment and representation of lesbian, bisexual and queer womyn in Kenya.
The successful candidate should be charismatic, creative, organised, and goal oriented; exhibit a high level of professionalism and maturity; display superb written and oral communication skills, including comfort with external relations; demonstrate immaculate attention to detail; be able to multitask and meet deadlines; and most importantly have at least two years experience with working in finance. A demonstrated passion for women’s human rights is essential.
Start date: 1st July 2018
The Accounts Person will be responsible for:
- Ensuring sequential filing of accounting documents
- Preparing payment vouchers whilst ensuring payments are well supported with appropriate allocation to various projects
- Ensure prompt vendor invoice settlement
- Manage petty cash payments and ensure timely replenishment
- Provide support during donor and organisational audits
- Providing admin support and coordination of MWA events with the MWA steering committee;
- Budgeting, streamlining, and managing financial reporting for events and other duties assigned by supervisor
Qualification and Capacity:
- Certificate in accounting ( Diploma is an added advantage)
- CPA 1 or (Equivalent ATC I & II)
Experiences and skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work independently and to coordinate people and processes via online communications
How to Apply: Send your CV and a cover letter in English that illustrates your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Finance and Admin’ in the subject line. The deadline for application is 22nd June, 2018. All applications received past this date will not be considered.
ALL CANDIDATES SHOULD LIVE WITHIN NAIROBI AND ITS ENVIRONS FOR EASE OF COMMUTING TO THE MWA OFFICE.
**Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.