POSITION: Program, Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
APPLICATION REF: 0031/9/2022
SUBMISSIONS BY: 25th September 2022
Ishtar MSM-a community-based organization working on MSM health and social wellbeing in Kenya. Ishtar currently runs a wellness center offering biomedical, behavioral and structural services to GBMSM in Nairobi.
The Program, M&E Assistant position is located Nairobi, Kenya and is under the direct supervision of the Program Manager. The Program, M&E Assistant provides program support services, ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work. S/He/They/Them will support Program, M&E Assistant work in close collaboration with Operations staff, Program Officers, and counterparts at Ishtar.
In support of Ishtar’s strategic direction, the Program Assistant, M&E contributes to ensure effective oversight of program. S/He/They ensures that timely and relevant information is collected and provided to program staff for assessment of progress towards achievement of intended results. The Program, M&E Assistant also provides logistical and administrative support to planning, monitoring, evaluation and research processes within the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Support to development of an effective program reporting and M&E system;
- Support for effective oversight of the projects;
- Support to program reporting and resource mobilization efforts;
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
- Support Collection of input data for mid/end-year reviews as well as ad hoc reports;
- Support Provision of program inputs as contribution to compilation of donor reports;
- Support Provision of inputs for resource mobilization strategies and production of program/project profiles for presentation to donors.
- Support Follow-up to ensure timely submission of Ishtar progress reports
Values and Core Competencies
- Exemplifying integrity;
- Demonstrating commitment to Ishtar;
- Embracing cultural diversity;
- Embracing change.
- Achieving results;
- Being accountable;
- Developing and applying professional expertise;
- Thinking analytically and strategically;
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships;
- Communicating for impact.
- Strategically positioning ISHTAR program;
- Facilitating quality program results;
- Provide logistical support;
- Manage data;
- Planning, organizing and multi-tasking;
- Support financial data analysis.
Required Skills and Experience
- University Degree/ Diploma in Population Studies, Epidemiology, Statistics, Economics, Development Studies, Social Sciences or related
Knowledge and Experience
- 5 years of progressively responsible administrative or programm experience is required;
- Knowledge/experience in collection of data and preparation of reports;
- Experience in Monitoring & Evaluation and/or research-related field would be an added advantage;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages; experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- Good communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Fluency in English.
Applicants are requested apply through firstname.lastname@example.org by the 25th September 2022 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Kindly use the application Ref: 0031/9/2022 when submitting