Tamba Pwani is Hiring
Tamba Pwani is looking for a Programs Officer to be responsible for organizing programs and activities for our organization. The Programs Officer will be tasked with developing programs to support the organization’s strategic direction, as well as creating and managing long term goals. The Programs Officer will also be in charge of developing budgets and operating plans for programs and writing program funding proposals.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have prior experience in both program management and team management. A Bachelor’s degree is required.
a) General requirements
- Ensure adherence with Tamba pwani policies and guidelines;
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and contribute to exploring and assessing new and better ways to assist;
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement;
- Promote internal learning to help improve Tamba Pwani’s projects;
- Promote Tamba Pwani’s accountability to beneficiaries.
- Promote Tamba Pwani’s visibility in M&E among stakeholders and County government
b) Specific responsibilities
The Programs Manager will be responsible for:
- Organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Developing new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Creating and managing long-term goals.
- Developing a budget and operating plan for the program.
- Developing an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Writing program funding proposals to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of services.
- Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
- Ensuring goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality and team member performance.
- Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services.
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
- Analysing program risks.
a) Generic professional competencies:
- Previous experience conducting interviews or customer engagement either face to face or over the phone
- Fluent Swahili and Proficient English;
- Good level in all common MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Experience working with key populations and MSMs specifically is a plus;
b) Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor degree or master degree in business or related field.
- Proven experience in program management.
- Proven stakeholder management skills.
- Proven experience managing a team.
- Understanding of project management.
- Well versed with National reporting tools and guidelines
- Inspires trust within/outside of the organization
- Develops high levels of credibility and accountability
- Ability to write very good quality reports in English is required
- Good contextual knowledge of local community and social/cultural constraints, realities and organizational relationships
Please send in your applications to Admin through: email@example.com not later than 14th October, 2019. The shortlisted Applicants will be notified through telephone call.