Tamba Pwani was founded in response to an urgent need for increased awareness surrounding the Men who have Sex with Men (MSM) community and their health needs. The group was formed in November 2010 in the face of ignorance, stigma, discrimination, and violence.
Tamba Pwani in Swahili means ‘On the move at the coast’. Tamba Pwani envisions equal access to health and human rights for all. The organization works to lobby for—and bring about—structural and paradigm changes that will lead to the promotion and integration of MSM sexual health and human rights issues in the mainstream public service delivery system through community education, public advocacy, and personal empowerment. The work of Tamba Pwani is guided by the values of respect for all, equality, justice, transparency, solidarity, and confidentiality.
Tamba Pwani operates within Kilifi County, with activities in Kilifi South, Rabai, and Ganze sub-counties. Currently, membership stands at 355, and is composed of people of diverse sexual and gender identities including men who identify as gay, male sex workers, bisexual men, and men who identify as straight.
Position: Clinical Officer (CO)
Number of positions: 1 (one)
Location: Kilifi County
Reports to: Programs Manager
Working Hours: 8 hours a day
Clinical Officer Job Responsibilities
- Clerking, examining, diagnosing and treating of patients
- Prescription of medications
- Maintaining and reviewing patient records, charts and other pertinent information
- Responding to inquiries relating to patients and coordinating appointments for specialist referrals.
- Attending to CCC patients and managing opportunistic infections
- Conducting continuous medical education and health education as may be required
- Work as a team member with staff of other cadres in ensuring quality service provision
- Being accountable for any equipment assigned and reporting to the line manager as may be required
- Performing other related duties within the clinic as may be assigned
Qualifications of Clinical Officer
- Must be a registered CO and preferably trained by KMTC
- At least two (2) years’ experience in a busy health facility
- Current participating licence is mandatory
- Must be willing to work for and with MSM
- Maintain confidentiality
- Be able to perform minor surgical procedures
- Good interpersonal and time management skills
- Ability to work and deliver results with minimum supervision
- Demonstrate ability to work as a team player.
How to apply
Kindly submit your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressing it to Finance and Admin. The dateline for submission is 30th May 2018.
Tamba Pwani Management